Zoom, Zoom, Zoom.....
I am not referring to Mazda. I am referring to our little one who has now mastered crawling - Ian even crawls on the sidewalk to play ball with Jadon and I! His knees and shin show signs of his constant movement. All the gates are once again closed at our house and we must keep watch because he has also mastered pulling himself to a standing position.
Now that Ian is crawling, he is finding a lot of neat stuff and enjoys to go in the direction of Jadon. (Maybe because Jadon is at his eye-level). Jadon has mastered "No No Ian" and a shrieks of dismay. We are constantly molding Jadon into a gentle big brother that guides Ian out of love and sharing. Luckily "Lyle, the Kindly Viking" is one of Jadon's favorite Veggie Tales which helps us reinforce sharing and brotherly love.
To boost Will's spirit he got an "A" on his first paper that he has turned in for his grad studies. A little confidence booster after being out of the classroom for 3 years. Oh and typical Will style - it was 2000 words too long! Between you and me, he has a hard time being concise!
It's hard to believe that it is already the end of July and the boys are growing and we are enjoying every exhausting minute. It's hard to believe sometimes how much I get done around the house. But I am working hard on changing my perception to say that I have accomplished a lot when I have been quiet, connected and attuned with my boys. Enjoying the time with them and leaving the dishes for another time! (Pray for me on that one - It will constantly be a work in progress). Enjoy Ian's smiles. He lights up faces where ever he is.
3 comments:
What a cutie! Ian will probably be walking before his first birthday, at the rate he's going. Then Jadon will have a shadow following him everywhere.
Congratulations Will on your "A", but then it's really no surprise. We know you have it in you.
Deanna, I very seldom do my dishes at night (and I have no excuse). I usually do the ones I don't put in the dishwasher the next morning. Besides, your boys are more important.
Is Ian growing at about the same rate Jadon was at this age?
Take care everyone!
Thanks for leaving a comment! I am glad you enjoy the blog and the boys. I look forward to having you meet them.
Ian is just a tad shorter and lighter than Jadon was at his age, but it is not enough to right home about. He is 9 months old! And I feel that he is anxious to be able to keep up with Jadon so on his way to walking.
I love that crawling-and-getting-into-everything stage. It's fun to watch them explore this whole new world that is nothing but a kitchen. Oh, but the Lazy Susan is a treasure trove of goodness!
Post a Comment