Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

Wow!
What a day!
A good full and busy day!
Lots of work, but I would not trade the joy and delight of enjoying my family for a relaxing day on my couch.
Here we are at the start of our day. We had a busy morning getting ready, eating breakfast and finally going. It's never ceases to amaze me how I think I am all set to go, but.... wait! There's a diaper to change, a nose to wipe, and then.... Oh! Ian's hungry again. Such fun! Eventually there is nothing left to do except move.

We are standing underneath the Monorail line that goes from downtown Seattle to the Space Needle. Jadon's either looking at a
BUS! TRAIN! DOG! MOTORCYCLE!
Every where he turned there was something to get immensely excited about.
Pike Place Market.
A definite must see.
Lots of exciting fares inside and good, good food to savor.
Anything from market fare, to soaps, crafts, and clothes.
Here are the two Bower Men watching the fish throwing. Grown men throwing fish when a customer comes and buys something. The men up front throw it to the men in back who cut it and prepare it. They were even throwing live crabs! Can we say workers comp? Or who else reading this has also seen the Veggie Tales Jonah Movie? Those fish slappers!
I tried to get a picture of the fish being thrown, but this is what I got - one being caught.
If you look in the bottom right corner of this picture below, you will see a monk fish hanging over the side. Its tail is attached by a string so the workers behind the counter can pull on it. Will went down to show Jadon the fish, and wouldn't you know one of the guys had to jiggle the string! Bet they were not expecting the response they got from Jadon. Poor guy scared him, he was "all done!"
A trip to Seattle, wouldn't be a trip to Seattle if you didn't go see where it all began. The original Starbucks! (Nihon-go) No place for sitting and chatting with friends or using wifi. Just standing in line and ordering a cup of coffee. I didn't get a Starbucks here because the line was out the door. I went to another Starbucks downtown and all I can say is that I order my espresso drinks at 200 degrees because I like it HOT! And it wasn't 200 degrees. It probably was that particular Barista. I should of gotten a picture at that street corner. It's the intersection of 5th & Pine street. The place to be if you had a message to say. There were protests about the seize of the gaza strip. Doomsdayers with microphones hollering "Repent or Die!" Firemen in full gear stairclimbing up 69 flights of stairs to raise money for Leukemia/Lymphoma. A lot of activity with a greater purpose.
Here are my smiling men after filling their tunnies with some Japanese fare (Nihon shoku). There is a lack of good Japanese food in Portland so we are checking out the scene in Seattle and so far so good, as you can see.
On to our next venture of the day.
The Space Needle.
We took the Monorail there, to Jadon's delight.
Once off, he wanted "more", at that time he wasn't interested in going up.

Seattle skyline
Enjoying the sunset at the top
or just being goofy in the gift shop
It's times like these that make all the hard work worth it.
Good night (Oyasumi nasai)

1 comment:

Mike said...

I've always enjoyed watching those fish-throwing specials. I still don't get how they can hold onto those things. Must have been fun to watch in person!